Selecting Objects for Processing
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
Exporting and Importing Objects
Team Development Projects
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
Object Key Description
ZOM tags each object with a unique key called the object key. The ObjectKey uniquely identifies an object, even in computing environments where the development tools are not live-linked by means of a network.
Some characteristics of the ObjectKey are as follows:
- ObjectKeys are hidden from the user.
- ObjectKeys are automatically generated by the tools when an object is created. Once an object is created, it keeps the same key for its entire existence.
- When an object is destroyed, its ObjectKey is never re-used.
- ObjectKeys have no semantic content. They describe nothing at all about the object they point to, but instead serve only as a unique identifying string.
- If the same object exists in more than one tool or environment, its ObjectKey is the same value in all tools that manipulate or reference the object.
0 out Of 5 Stars