Checking If a Program is Compiled
You can use one of the following methods to determine if a program has been compiled:
- Use the $ compilestatus function to check the compilation status of the program.
- Run the Object Browser ( ZIMFILES) administrative utility. Any application document containing a compiled program shows a – c suffix following the file name.
- Attempt to use the EDIT command to edit the program from within Zim. If the program has been compiled, a warning message is issued.
- Issue a SET FLOW ON command. With FLOW set to ON, any call to a procedure produces a message indicating if the calling procedure is a compiled program.
- Uncompile the program using the UNCOMPILE command. If the program was not compiled, an error message is issued.